Starting on February 14, 2017, AdWords will perform a daily check to determine if the following location extension feed item filters are not matching any Google My Business locations:
- CampaignFeed and AdGroupFeed
Please keep the following details in mind:
- The periodic check will only clear
matchingFunctionfilters on a
AdGroupFeedfor location extensions (placeholderType = 7). It will not clear filters on those objects for location targeting (criterionType = 77).
- The periodic check will not clear matching functions of the form
IDENTITY(false), since these indicate that you want to disable location extensions for a campaign or ad group.
- To minimize the impact of the periodic check, regularly review your application's location feed setup and ensure that you are choosing filtering options on your PlacesLocationFeedData and matching functions that actually match locations in your Google My Business account.
- Make sure that your application will be able to handle the filter changes made by the periodic check.